Marble palais in the new garden
The Palais was built since 1787 for Friedrich Wilhelm II. According to plans of Carl von commissioned. The Interior was finished with his early classical establishment until far after the death of the King (1797) in 1845. The concert hall, the adjacent Hall and the Oriental Cabinet belong to the major space creations by Carl Gotthard Langhans, who had taken over the construction management after von GONTARD. From the upper floor has views on the new garden, the sacred Lake and the landscape.
The Grotto Hall, the concert hall and the living quarters of the King are magnificently equipped with inlays, silk fabric, stucco work, marble firepalais, paintings and arts and crafts. The precious English Wedgewood pottery is outstanding.
Distance from hotel: 8.3 km